3 card poker is a new kind of poker, which appeared in 1994 thanks to Derek Webb, the owner of a network of gambling clubs. The game against the dealer caught on in modern casinos. The rules are relatively simple, and the game does not require special mathematical calculations for that how to play at 3 card poker.
How to play at 3 card poker knowing the basic rules
Only true professionals know how to play at 3 card poker and win. There are some basic rules which will help beginners to get much money in online casino:
- You get 3 cards after making bet Ante. The dealer deals cards closed. There is not open card.
- After evaluating your cards, make a decision – go to the pass or place a Bet. In the first case, you lose the initial bet. In the second you need to put an amount equal to the “Ante”.
- If you did not fold the cards, but made a Bet, the dealer walks. There is no game if he failed to get a combination or at least a card older than Q. Then you get a 1: 1 payout for Ante. If the dealer is in the game, the gamer loses his bets.
There is an Ante card bonus in a form of payment for the lucky gamers who know how to play 3 card poker and who make the best combinations. For a straight flush they get 4:1, for a triple 3:1. These prizes are not dependent on the results of the dealer and are guaranteed to be paid in any case. At Bet bonus payments are not provided. 3-card poker does not provide a combination of Royal Flush.
There is another important nuance – Pair-plus. This is a separate bet that a player can do with Ante or even instead. There is a circle above the Ante box, the chips must be placed there. You bet on the best combination you will get. Usually, the size range of Pair-plus and Ante at the game table is the same.
You can lose Pair-plus bet for unsuccessful combination and refusal to raise Ante with a significant combination.
How to play 3 card poker according with hand ranking
The hand ranking in 3 card poker is slightly different from the traditional one, because players only get three cards each, unlike the standard five cards. Here is presented hand ranking for gamers who do not know 3 card poker how to play, starting with the main combination:
- Straight flush – is formed from three cards of the same suit in a sequence. For example, 5-6-7 crosses;
- Trips – a hand with three cards of the same rank;
- Straight – a hand with three consecutive cards of various suits;
- Flush – a hand with three cards of the same suit;
- Pair – two cards of the same rank;
- High card – he highest card of your hand.
Tricks and tips for getting big wins
The basic strategy of the game Ante/Play will tell you how to play 3 card poker and get winning. Fold every time when your hand is weaker than Q-6-4. If your hand is higher, continue the game and make a Play bet.
Compare your high card with Q is the easiest way to determine if your hand is high enough. If your highest card is higher than Q, keep playing and ignore the other two cards. If your highest card is queen and your second highest card is 6, continue the game and make a bet. However, if your second card is below 6, you must play with a fold.
There are few tips to win in 3 card poker:
- For those who do not know how to play 3 card poker, at the beginning of the game you have two options: continue or refuse. The main rule is to build a further strategy based on the available maps;
- Do not forget that there is no exchange in the game. If you have a combination, you can safely continue;
- Watch other players if your opponent raises, which may be a sign of a strong hand.
- There is no bluff in this game. The one with the strongest hand will win. If you want to win more, bet on Pair Plus. But keep in mind that if your hand does not play, you lose the bet.
You can learn how to play 3 card poker at a casino anytime. This is quite an interesting type of popular game with an unexpected outcome. This game will appeal to those who love the thrill and excitement. If the game seems simple, then be sure that during the distribution you will change your mind.